Monday, January 18, 2010

Can Do Monday - 01.18.10

The challenge - Make a layout with white background.
The story behind the challenge - I've always loved the *look* of layouts with white bg. It gives the page such a clean feel and it lets the picture(s) be the real focus of the entire layout. For some reason though, I've just never been brave enough to try this. I'm what you would call a busy scrapper; the more crowded a page, the better. Lately I've been trying to break out of that habit. Although I love the look of a busy page I also love the simplicity and cleanliness of a layout with good use of white space. There's no reason I can't do both, right?

I had a few pieces left of Sugar Rush from Friday's layout and thought it would be perfect for this challenge - have I mentioned I love Basic Grey? hehe




I'd love to hear from you! Are you a busy scrapper like me, or are you more of a simple/clean scrapper? Is there a different way you'd describe your style? What is it? I'd like to know!

What can I say? I'm so in love with this layout - challenge met.
Off to get more white cardstock :oP .... and to look for a synonym for "love"

Stay sweet,
Mari
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment