Monday, February 15, 2010

WOOT! feeling pretty good about this...

The Challenge: Get the new (to me) sewing machine to work. And while at it, try to figure out how it works.
The story behind the challenge: I've wanted to learn how to sew for a while - not necessarily to make clothes, there's just so much fun stuff you can make with a sewing machine and I want to expand my realm of possibilities. So lets get even more crafty! My mother in law, crap did I just say that?! I meant my *distance future* mother in law :oP was more than happy to give me her practically new sewing machine. I think she got it a little over a year ago and barely used it, apparently something was wrong with it. No problem! I can fix it right? just start from the beginning and follow the manual... Well it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be but I got it to work! I even tested all the different patterns on paper. There's still a few glitches I need to work out such as understanding the thread tension and stitch length options of the machine. I feel confident though, this is gonna be a good thing. I'll give you a hint on next weeks challenge - we're gonna put this puppy in practice hehe

Happy Valentines Day by the way! Hope you had a great day with *your* valentine. We drove over to our Paris (St. Augustine) for the day. Did our usual walk around holding hands enjoying the sights, struggle for like an hr trying to figure somewhere to eat that looked appetizing and wouldn't break the bank, St. Augustine mud ice cream by the fort with an amazing view - thinking always how lucky we are to have each other. Everytime we go we try to do something different, yesterday it was the lighthouse and it was amazing! For someone who loves roller-coasters and thrills I'm a big chicken when it comes to heights. I refused to look down while climbing the 219 steps to the top. Gotta do something about this fear, Dean made me so proud, he's normally the one freaking out :oP Maybe we should go skydiving.... I think that would do it.
Here's a shot of the view from the top of the lighthouse. Beautiful isn't it?
Next time we take the pups to the beach, never been to the beach over there...
And I just *had* to show you this. Dean was playing with the camera tonight (while he was supposed to be feeding the dogs) when he gets an idea in his head there's just no stopping him. These shots came up awesome though! I *heart* you too babe...
I'm out for tonight... hope to get some scrappin done tomorrow :o)
Stay sweet,
Mari
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment