Monday, August 9, 2010

I heart the twinkles! :oP

Cheryl Mezzetti taught an amazingly beautiful book at ScrappyB last Friday. But what else is new? Everything she makes is awesome. I wasn't able to take her class this time, but I was lucky to work at the store while she was teaching... Before the class she demoed the great Luminarte Twinkling H2Os and I was in love! She said I could play with them since we don't have them in the store just yet (but no worries, they are coming!) and I said; say no more! I knew I wanted some.. but now I want them all!

This is what I made while I was playing... It's a little 6x6 altered project with yummy Basic Grey, May Arts ribbon and tons of Luminarte!



As a background I used a pink solid Basic Grey cardstock and then added some texture using Samantha Walker's white swirl die cut cardstock as my template with some gesso. What I love most about adding your own texture is not only the dimension it gives to the piece but also the versatility to make it your own. I used some twinkling h20s in different shades over the gesso and then added a darker pink frame around it with some more pink twinkles and a water bottle!

I can't wait to play with these some more.. I'm in love.

Stay sweet,
Mari

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment: